Besides being a key player in the success of a great dining experience for our guests, the dishie is a well-loved Homie who endears themselves to all. Available at the drop of a toque to assist wherever needed, the dishie is a multi-tool kind of person who loves saving the day in small ways that really make a big difference.
As our Dishie, you will be responsible for cleaning all the dishes, pans, pots, kitchen surfaces and the entire kitchen at the end of each day. You'll also jump in when there are tasks inside and outside the lodge required. Full-on commitment, flexibility and ability to perform work required without supervision are necessary. You must be a dedicated team player with the ability to work in a lodge environment with varying duties.
Insider tip: If you are looking for a foot in the door to an amazing career, this is it. Many of our senior staff started in the dish pit.
- Remove dishware from the dining room after breakfast. Clean all dishware, utensils, pots and pans that have been used for the preparation of meals.
- Fill hot and cold drinking water containers throughout the lodge when the need arises.
- Re-stock cups, cutlery and glasses in the dining room and bar area.
- Empty garbage and recycling bins in the dining room and bar area daily.
- Clean the kitchen thoroughly at the end of each day.
- Assist kitchen staff in the execution of their tasks when needed.
- Assist in unloading the food order weekly.
- Maintain a high level of organization and cleanliness throughout the kitchen.
- Clean the grease trap promptly as per the designated schedule posted in the kitchen. Ensure the content of the grease trap is double bagged and placed into a box or milk crate prior to placing it in the garbage area.
- Assist the outside homie with tasks if help is required.
- Assist with loading and unloading of guest luggage on transfer days.
- On food transfer days, light the sauna by 2 pm and perform any shovelling necessary.
$$$: Would you like to know the pay rate for this job? Apply now and we'll email you an information package.