Looking for a place where a true foodie’s soul can express itself while living and working on a mountain top?
The Chefs at Baldface Lodge experience this every shift. They’re the core of our apple and there isn’t a guest or staff member that doesn’t love and appreciate the Chefs. Up before the sun to prepare breakfast for the powder-hungry and there to create a gourmand’s dream dinner for the powder-satiated – it’s a long, but rewarding day.
This position manages kitchen operations opposite to the head Chef’s shifts.
Baldface Chefs are talented food artists that know how to grind it out in the trenches too, every night of a 7-day shift we serve 50+ guests beautifully plated meals and 24+ staff a family-style dinner. (like your mama’s if she’s a real good cook)
The Chefs manage their team with skill and the food with style, still finding time to get out the back door for a hike to the ridge or a grind on the rail located right outside that kitchen door…
- Oversee daily operations in the kitchen including preparation of all food to be served to guests and staff.
- Oversee meal planning and prepare alternative meals for guests with special dietary requests.
- Ensure that the quality of food served is of the highest standards and is prepared within sanitary and safety guidelines stipulated by Interior Health guidelines.
- Assist the Sous chef with planning for the execution of the apres appetizer.
- Responsible for placing food orders and keeping inventory of stock in the head chef's absence
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in operational order, if equipment fails, promptly address the issue and contact the Lodge Manager to assist with any maintenance or repairs.
- Coach and assist kitchen staff in the execution of their tasks when needed.
$$$: Would you like to know the pay rate for this job? Apply now and we'll email you an information package.