Are you an F&B pro? Got 5 years of professional experience mixing cocktails?
Well, that still doesn't mean you can cut it as a Baldface Bartender or as we call them, "Night Guides".
Done with their shred day, our guests return to our timber frame lodge and are welcomed with music filling the lounge, or perhaps even a live guitar session from one of our talented staff. At the heart of our lounge is your control tower; an elbow-shaped 30 ft long wooden bar. If that bar could talk it would tell you about the boat races, pink ponies, dance parties and car bomb trophies!
As a Night Guide, you will shepherd the guests through après into dinner and into the night. Our bar staff work with our chefs to prepare a feature cocktail and wine selection for the evening meal, showcasing our fine selection of BC and other-worldly wines. As the bartender, you get the party started and create a vibe for an awesome night for all. Skills in reading a room, setting a mood, and remembering guests' names and drink preferences are valued well above your ability to remember how to mix a "Fearless Redneck". The Bartender is responsible for the "Serving it Right" aspect of our good times and smooth professional service.
Creating an atmosphere where guests feel welcomed and comfortable is always key.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with company standards. Consistent and accurate pouring of liquor and wine is expected as is table, and bar service.
- Ensure drinks are allocated to the appropriate guest invoice. Learn guest names and personally recognize them during their stay
- Keep bar stocked and tidy throughout shift, take inventory of what needs restocking the next day
- Ensure the wine list is kept up to date. Maintain proper rotation of BC red wines for sale by the glass.
- Select music for the evening that is appropriate for the current guest demographic
- Assist co-workers when necessary ie. après service, clearing tables
- Consult with the Head Chef regarding wine parings before dinner. Present wine list to guests and encourage them to select before dinner is served
- Ensure service complies with Serving it Right policies and bar/lodge and follow regulations for proper alcohol service according to our liquor license.
- Check-in with the Lodge Manager weekly to discuss and identify opportunities to improve the overall guest experience.
$$$: Would you like to know the pay rate for this job? Apply now and we'll email you an information package.